An SEO professional is responsible for optimizing a website to improve its ranking in search engine results pages (SERPs). This involves a range of tasks, including:
- Keyword research: An SEO professional will research and identify keywords that are relevant to a website's content and target audience. This helps to determine the most effective keywords to use in the website's content and meta data.
- On-page optimization: This involves optimizing various elements on a website, such as the title tag, meta description, header tags, and content, to make them more search engine friendly.
- Link building: This involves acquiring high-quality links from other reputable websites, which helps to improve a website's authority and ranking in search results.
- Content creation: An SEO professional may create or optimize content on a website, ensuring it is keyword-rich, relevant, and useful to both search engines and users.
- Technical SEO: This involves optimizing a website's technical aspects, such as its structure, navigation, and code, to ensure that it is easily crawlable by search engines and provides a good user experience.
- Analytics and reporting: An SEO professional will monitor and analyze a website's performance in search results, using tools such as Google Analytics and Google Search Console, to identify areas for improvement and track progress.
- Staying up-to-date: SEO is a constantly evolving field, and an SEO professional must stay informed of the latest best practices, algorithm updates, and industry trends to ensure that a website remains optimized and competitive in search results.