A content marketer's job is to create content that will benefit and excite target customers about a company or product. The main task is therefore to create and distribute high-quality content that will attract the target audience and increase the visibility and reputation of the company.
The tasks of a content marketer include:
- Researching the target audience and their needs and preferences.
- Planning a content strategy that is relevant to the target customers and the company's objectives.
- Creating different types of content such as blogs, infographics, videos, e-books, white papers and more.
- Monitoring the success of the content strategy and analysing data on visitors and target audience behaviour on the website or social media.
- Collaborating with other departments in the company, such as sales, marketing, research and development, to ensure consistency of marketing messages.
- Perform content optimisation for search engines (SEO) and other distribution channels.
The objective of the content marketer is to increase brand awareness, improve customer relations and increase sales of the company's products or services.